- ADL's Rating
How do we settle down with no commitments?? In your opinion, when do you think is the best time to settle down? How about settling down right now with no commitments at all and not just with one but with 2, 3 or even more people?!?
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Voucher is valid until 22July 2012
- Voucher is valid daily 12pm to 3pm (Monday to Sunday)
- Prior reservation is required.
- Choices from 3 main courses is subjected to change if certain dishes are sold out due to higher demand on the day of visit.
- Not inclusive of alcoholic drinks
Settle down at Settlers Café with food, drinks and games with your friends with no commitment! Oh wait, there’s probably still a little commitment involved which is a few hours of your time in the afternoon. But afterall, it is definitely something enjoyable and memorable!
For only $8, you get to enjoy 1 choice of Lunch main course, 1 choice of drink and 1 hours of selected gaming! How about the usual price without this deal?
A check with Settlers Café website, a teriyaki chicken (which is also available for this deal) and is available during lunch from 12pm to 2.30pm is priced at $5 nett. As for the price for gaming, different package is available as follows:
As listed are some of the package similarly to what this deal is offering.
Looking at the package available at Settlers Café itself, it seem more worth it than what this deal is providing you for you get free flow of soft drinks with 3 hours of gaming comparing to what this deal offers you with only 1 hour of gaming, do you think it is enough?
Do note that additional add ons is allow for purchase with this deal after the one hour lunching gaming at the following:
- Monday to Thursday: $2.50 per hour per guest
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Eve of PH & PH: $3.50 per hour per guest.
And this is only provided if there is no reservation after you.
Nonetheless, let’s play a little scenario game here and add up the prices to compare against the package that is available at Settlers Café itself. Assuming that you and your friend purchase this deal on a Saturday afternoon and decided to go for 3 hours of gaming, the total price each of you have to pay would be $8 + ($3.50 *2) = $15. Now for this price you get to enjoy 1 main dish, 1 drink and 3 hours of gaming (subject to circumstances). Comparing this to the package available at Settlers café itself in which you get to enjoy 1 main dish, free flow of soft drinks and 3 hours of gaming for $14.90, it actually cost lesser here. What more, the perk here is the free flow of soft drink for you and at least 3 hours of gaming guaranteed!
WHAT ADL SAYS:
Play the scenario game before you settle down and play some real games at Settlers Café! Follow the format that we used above to determine which ‘package’ suits your own preference. These are some of the few things you may want to consider:
- Is 1 hour of gaming enough for you? If it is enough, this deal is definitely worth your money as for only $8 nett, you get to settle your lunch and be entertained for an hour.
- Whether you are going on a weekday or weekend. – The chances of adding another few hours to the original is higher on a weekdays than weekends. If you prefer a 3 hours of gaming, we would suggest you to go for the package Settlers café is offering you instead of this deal.
Note that you are welcome to continue staying at the café without gaming even after the one hour lunching if there is no further reservation, but also take note that rate will apply if you continue to play after the one hour lunching gaming. Here is one thing that you have to be careful with as you may tend to forget about the time when you are too engross with the game and at the end you will receive the bill with a shock!
If an hour of gaming is enough for you, this deal may be worth it. But we shall leave the decision on you to decide if this deal is worth it or not. Will you choose to purchase this deal or go for the three hours package that is available at Settlers Café itself? Share with us your thoughts at the comment box below!
39 North Canal Road (Clark Quay MRT Exit A)
Tel: 6535 0435
At ADL, we leak, you read.