After receiving numerous queries on the above two deals, we decided to combine them into one post for today. Apologies for the late replies to your queries and for the upload of this post. Due to our constraint in manpower, we are unable to answer each and every mail so promptly, but we will do our best before the deal ends. Keep it short, just continue reading this post to find out more about these two awesome deals by Deal.com.sg
First up, we will start with somewhere that is near to Singapore.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- 57% off 2D1N Stay in 3 Bed Room Villa with Private Swimming Pool (for 6-8pax) @ A’Famosa, Malacca. Only $190 Nett instead of $450
- 2 vouchers can be bought to extend the deal to 2N3D
- Travel Period from 5th June 11 to 31st Aug 2011
- Weekend surchage applicable on Fridays SGD 50 and Saturdays SGD 100. The surcharge is payable at A’Famosa
- Room is not inclusive of Breakfast
WHAT ADL SAYS:
We will keep it short and sweet since we are condensing two posts into one today. Overall, this deal is a pretty decent deal if compared to the rates published by A Farmosa itself. The usual rate is S$405/night irregardless of weekend surcharge or not.
However we have found another rather similar promotion elsewhere HERE. It is going for RM493/unit/night on offpeak timings (Sunday to thursday). Friday + RM130, Saturday + RM320. Let’s compare.
For a family going on a Saturday:
Using the promotion above:
(RM493 + RM320) x 1.05 (credit card processing fees 5%)=RM$853.65=SGD$355 ( With breakfast for 8)
S$190 +S$100= S$290 (No breakfast)
The breakfast item is only for reference and we will not factor in the cost for the calculation above. Therefore, even with ADL’s cheapest find, Deal.com.sg ‘s Malacca deal is still considered more worthwhile. Therefore, it is verified an authentic good deal
Next up, let’s travel north to Hainan Island.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Up to 78% off 5D4N Stay @ 4-Star Sanya-Hainan Island, China Tour with Daily Buffet Breakfast + 8-Course Lunch & Dinner + Air-Conditioned Coach + Guide Assist. Only $50 NETT per pax instead of $228. (Min 2 Pax)
- All meals included
- No surcharge for School Holiday period and Weekends for DEAL customers only!
- Travel period from 17th June 2011 to 25th September 2011
- NO FLIGHT INCLUDED
- Accommodation in standard room in 4-Star hotels for the whole trip
- Tips for Tour guide/Driver is S$6 per pax per day
WHAT ADL SAYS:
Having been to Hainan Island ourselves, we spent quite some time double checking this deal authenticity. $100 for 2 for a 5D4N land trip + all the meals?! That.is.a.crazy.deal.
When such an unbelievable deal pops up, ADL will become a bit skeptical and probe deeper to ensure that it is an authentic deal. We scan through the terms and conditions and realized there are not much area whereby the agency can impose more costs or taxes. Compulsory tip of S$6/day/ pax for the guide is stated. You can also actually book your own flight through Jetstar or Tiger Airways, which mean it lowers the risk of being charged absurdly high taxes and airport fees.
Having said that, it is no doubt a good deal.($50 for 4 Night of accommodation? Not to mention meals included) It such a good deal that it is pretty unbelievable. So our guess is that, beware and be very careful of the Itinerary. Other than that, it should be fine. If you are interested to know the places of attraction prices, look below in the comments section.
Here are some of the reviews of Travel Star Pte Ltd for your reference: http://www.travelagents.com.sg/travel_agent/Travel_Star_travelstar.html (Not too good in our opinion)
ADL will appreciate any feedbacks with regards to this merchant in the comments section below or with regards to the Malacca deal
Thank you. PS: don’t forget to subscribe to us on the right!
At ADL, we leak, you read.