- ADL's Rating
There are so many Batam deals going around and the cheapest we have seen is at $69 for a 2D1N trip. Today, we are going to review on a Batam deal that goes less than $50 for you! What more, this hotel is one of the newest hotel around in Batam.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Bookings must be made before 30 April 2012
- Travel period must be completed by 30 June 2012
- This fare is applicable for Adult on Twin/Triple sharing
Payable to All Deals Asia office:
- Charges for Child with bed at S$49; Child no bed at S$42; Infant (below 2 years old) at S$28
- Extension per person/ night: S$35 (Twin/ Triple/ Child with bed); S$15 (Child no bed)
- Passenger’s departure fees and fuel surcharge of S$20.00 per person (payable at Penguin Ferries Services (Sindo Ferry Pte Ltd) counter @ Harbourfront)
- Batam Terminal Fee of S$7 per person (collect by Tour Guide upon arrival in Batam)
- Local Tour Guide and Driver tipping of S$2 per person (pay to Batam Tour Guide directly)
- Personal travel insurance, Travel visa Fees and all expenses of purely personal nature
- Reservation must be made at least 5 working days prior departure
- Not valid with other promotion and/ or discount
Besides the ever-popular Harris Hotel at Batam, here comes M-One hotel for you. What caught our attention is that this is a new hotel and the room looks really clean and pretty!
How about the charges, is it really less than $50?! Let’s do a check on the additional charges you have to pay for this deal.
Price: $49.90 per pax
Passenger’s departure fee + fuel surcharge: $20 per pax
Batam terminal fee: $7 per pax
Tips for coach/tour guide: $2 per pax
Total: $49.90 + $20 + $7 + $2 = $78.90 per pax
Adding all the additional fees up, the total one have to pay for this deal would be $78.90. This is still cheaper than other deals that we have seen for a 2D1N batam trip!
But is this price cheaper than you making the booking on your own?
Surprisingly, we couldn’t find this M-One hotel on the sites that we used to check on the rates. It could be because it is still a new hotel. However, we found two websites that offers you a similar package as what this deal is offering. Firstly from Welcometobatam,
- 2 way ferry transfer, Singapore – Batam – Singapore with seaport tax
- 2 Way Land transfer Pier – Hotel – Pier
- 1 Night accommodation
- Complimentary Breakfast.
- Singapore PDF, Fuel Surcharge and Batam Terminal Fee of $28/person
- Personal Insurance, Room Service, Optional Tours, Porterage Fee, Visa Fee, and all expense of purely personal nature.
Taking the ’Twin room’ since what AllDealsAsia is a min 2 to go deal and adding the price up with the additional fees you have to pay…
$66 + $28 = $94
And next for JA Travel:
- Return ferry ticket
- Return Ferry – Hotel – Ferry transfer
- Hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Tour (with seafood lunch as per itinerary – if applicable)
- Singapore Port and fuel Taxes, Batam Terminal Fee, Tipping for Guide & Driver: $29
Since by getting the deal from AllDealsAsia you are able to choose between the Standard or Superior room, let’s then take the price of Superior room for this package JA Travel is offering. Adding the additional fees, the total you have to pay for this deal would be:
$66 + $29 = $95
Now taking both prices at $94 and $95 from both packages should you choose to make the booking on your own and compare it to what this deal is offering at $78.90, you still get to save a substantial amount of saving here!
WHAT ADL SAYS:
Savings is still savings! You get to save at least $15.10 should you choose to purchase from this deal!
Let’s take a look at the itinerary for this batam deal.
Looking at the itinerary, basically you will be having most of the time free for yourself! That’s actually more like a Free and Easy tour with itinerary planned for you! Let’s see what else are included in this package:
- Free One Seafood Lunch at Golden Prawn 555 Restaurant
- Free One Round of 60 Minutes Tradiitonal Balinese Body Massage
- Free 100,000Rp Shopping Voucher for FO Outlet & Batik Factory Outlets usage only
- Land Transfer (Hotel to Pier)
- Local English & Mandarin Speaking Guide Assist
These are some of the reasons why I would get this deal if I were you:
- This is indeed a deal for you get to save some money here!
- Cheaper than what other deals are offering for a 2D1N trip to Batam
- New hotel
- No weekend surcharge!
- Additional perks such as FREE lunch and 60 Min massage!
- Is this deal good enough for you??
However, do note that booking must be made before 30 April 2012 and travel to be completed by 30 June 2012. This shouldn’t be a problem as there is no weekend surcharge. Thus make one of the weekends available and make this one of your short getaway trip!
Have you heard of this newly open hotel before? Will you go ahead to purchase this deal? We will like to hear from you!
Exclusively by All Deals Asia
At ADL, we leak, you read.